- Act as first line support to collaborators', Users' and visitors' queries in contact with relevant services inside and outside CERN.
- Perform administrative and secretarial tasks associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events.
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of documentation and correspondence including their publication and circulation.
- Contribute to CERN and experiment database and web site update activities in collaboration with the User Office and the Institutes.
- Maintain physical and electronic documents, web pages, shared files and records to provide up-to-date information.
- Make sure that CERN's different rules and procedures are respected and correctly applied in different situations.
- Replace other assistants during their absence.
- Demonstrated professional experience in an administrative service or secretariat, preferably in an international environment.
- Proven experience in the field of hospitality management will be considered as an asset.
- Customer service.
- Secretarial service.
- Archiving and records management: scientific information and document management.
- Use of Office software packages: knowledge of sharepoint software would be an advantage.
- Communicating effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively; providing others with timely information.
- Demonstrating accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; maintaining confidentiality.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Spoken and written English.
- Ability to understand and speak French in professional contexts as well as draft texts for publications and official communications is an advantage.
- Any additional language knowledge will be considered as an asset.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization