Requisition Title: Records and Information Management Expert
Title of Assignment: Records and Information Management Expert
Name of unit/sector: Records and Archives Section, Conference and General Services Division
Place of Assignment: WIPO Geneva, Switzerland
Expected places of travel (if applicable): None
Expected duration of assignment: 12 months
1. Objective of the assignment
WIPO recently completed Phase One of a major project to implement an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system for the Organization based on OpenText Content Server. In Phase Two of the project, the ECM e-Repository will be progressively rolled out to all WIPO business units.
Working in the Information Structure stream of the Project, the Records and Information Management Expert will support the ECM roll-out by rapidly developing Business File Plans (BFPs) for all WIPO business units and advising the selective migration of content from the legacy share drives into the ECM.
Under the supervision of the Information Structure stream-lead, the Expert will work with WIPO business units to develop tailored BFPs, which meet the needs of each business unit while facilitating the consistent application of records management actions and information governance requirements within the ECM system. The Expert will inform business units about records and information management best practices; provide expert advice on metadata use and naming conventions; and help them to prioritize their content for migration to the ECM platform.
Deliverables and services will be provided as follows:
1. Business File Plans (BFPs)
A. For each business unit assigned to the Expert, s/he will:
• Research the business unit’s functions, activities and records using various methods (e.g., consult Program & Budget or Workplan information; conduct surveys/questionnaires; review existing shared drive folder structures, etc.);
• Conduct intensive workshops with business unit representatives to define the following:
• As part of the workshops, make presentations on information management best practices and the ECM project’s approach to developing BFPs to ensure common understanding amongst workshop participants;
• Liaise with other members of the Records and Archives Section to ensure compliance with records management requirements;
• Share findings with the ECM Project team to ensure technical or user issues are communicated and find solutions as required;
• Engage with all identified business unit stakeholders, solicit feedback on the draft BFP requirements, and make amendments as necessary;
• Obtain the business unit manager’s approval for the BFP requirements;
• Review newly-created BFPs in the ECM system to ensure they properly reflect the submitted requirements; provide feedback as necessary;
• Document and resolve changes requested by the business units.
B. Monitor and adapt BFP development approach
• Identify emerging patterns relating to user needs and responses, and propose standardized or re-usable solutions where appropriate;
• Propose changes and improvements to the development approach as necessary.
2. Migration Advice and Support to Business Units
In preparation for the business unit’s migration to the ECM platform, the Expert will:
• Advise on the migration approach best suited to the business needs;
• Advise business unit representatives on cleaning up folders, naming conventions, and other practices;
• Assist the business units in prioritizing content for migration, documenting the priorities, and communicating them to the ECM Project team.
a. University degree in records or information management, archival science or a related discipline;
a. Ability to communicate fluently in French;
We expect the deliverables and services, as listed in 3, above, to be completed within 12 months of the contract start date. There is a possibility of an extension by up to one year. Payment will be effected on a Time Material basis with a monthly time sheet.
Applicants are requested to provide an indication of their daily rate expectations in Swiss francs.