|Posting Title:||INFORMATION MANAGEMENT OFFICER, P4||Job Code Title:||INFORMATION MANAGEMENT OFFICER||Department/Office:||United Nations Environment Programme||Duty Station:||NAIROBI|
|Posting Period:||17 March 2020 - 30 April 2020||Job Opening Number:||20-Information Management Systems-UNEP-131982-R-Nairobi (X)||Staffing Exercise||N/A|
Org. Setting and Reporting
- Takes the lead in strategy, planning, development and implementation of large, complex publication information management initiatives in the field of environmental law and governance, including MEAs (e.g. global promotion initiatives, broad-reaching subject specific issues, etc.); in close collaboration with the Communications Division and other relevant Units/Divisions, develops ways to implement campaigns system-wide and to incorporate the campaign message and themes into all relevant events and product
2. Contributes to the formulation of overall policies, procedures, objectives and guidelines affecting the development and maintenance of the Division’s non-current records and archives and delivery of reference services, archival description and systems management.
- Takes the lead in compiling information from various knowledge repositories and web resources.
Manages publications programme; produces materials for print/electronic/voice/visual media.
- Coordinates preparation of material for newsletters, periodicals, reports and books and edits drafts.
- Builds partnerships and information networks; plans and oversees maintenance of publicly accessible information materials on UNEP as they relate to environmental law and governance, including MEAs; plans and develops outreach activities in close collaboration with Communications Division.
3. Manages the day-to-day operation of the team responsible for knowledge management and communication at the Division, including participating in coordination of substantive and administrative activities of the team, interpreting and disseminating policy, providing procedural advice, improving reporting systems, handling operational and administrative queries, preparing budget submissions, establishing and/or coordinating training programmes and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Evaluates applications and cost-effectiveness of services in relation to technology options and prepares data and recommendations for decision-making.
4. Develops project proposals and identify sources and seeks funding and other assistance for major campaigns.
- Act as a focal point between the Communication Division and all MEAs on all communication needs and activities
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Experience working at an international level is desirable.
achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. 1. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible
after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening. On-line applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided.
2. If you do not receive an email acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary. If the problem persists please seek technical assistance through the Inspira "Need Help?" link.
Pursuant to section 7.11 of ST/AI/2012/2/ Rev.1, candidates recruited through the young professionals programme who have not served for a minimum of two years in the position of their initial assignment are not eligible to apply to this position.
Internal Applicants – when completing the PHP, ensure ALL fields, ALL professional experience and contact information are completed and up to date. This information is the basis for the hiring manager to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position and to contact you.
Individual contractors and consultants who have worked within the UN Secretariat in the last six months, irrespective of the administering entity, are ineligible to apply for professional and higher temporary or fixed-term positions. and their applications will not be considered.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.