Data research and management intern
Financial data on DREF operations has been kept since 1994, but before this date only paper records were kept. The data research and management intern will research and document the data available on DREF allocations made since 1985 and document all allocations in excel format to allow exploitation of the data and its use in a chronological history of the DREF, with the aim to provide factual information of RC/RC disasters response over the last 30 years and drive evidence-based research and analysis on principled humanitarian action and silent disasters.
• Exploit information in financial reports and add information on allocations made to the record
• Take data from existing lists of allocations and harmonize with the chronological record
• Develop statistics based on the data recorded
• Collect and record further information on identified operations and/or type of response through research in the operations files in the archives
• Present the information and statistics in a final report
Proven experience in data collection and analysis, required.
Good written communication skills, required.
Experience of, or proven interest in humanitarian assistance, preferred.
Fluently spoken and written English, required.
Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic), preferred.