The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill a position of Information Management Specialist in the Information Management Services of the Language, Documentation and Information Management Division.
Under the supervision of the Chief, Official Documents and Records, the incumbent will manage and administer the WTO Central Registry of Notifications (CRN) and all associated services; updating and maintaining the registry database in co-ordination with staff in the Documents Management, Monitoring and Production Section. The incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Receive and process all notifications submitted by Members for inclusion in the CRN and act as a focal point for enquires and information on notifications.
2. Provide relevant information and support services to Members and liaise with divisional representatives in the Secretariat on notification issues.
3. Index notifications entered in the registry database according to their content and specific trade/product coverage.
4. Update, modify or correct value lists and notification requirements in conjunction with divisional representatives.
5. Produce periodic reports and statistics on the state of notifications for both Members and the Secretariat; remind Members of their obligations to notify and, in conjunction with the division concerned, request outstanding information from Members who have not fulfilled their notification requirements.
6. Supervise the work of the CRN assistant and provide training and instruction.
7. Participate in ongoing discussions on the future evolution of the notification process within the WTO Secretariat.
8. Undertake any other administrative and/or data management activities as required.
An advanced university degree in library science / information management or a basic university degree plus a qualification in this field recognized by a professional body that is equivalent to an advanced university degree.
|Knowledge and skills:|
Demonstrated professional experience in indexing, analysing and describing information materials and records according to internationally recognized standards.
Excellent command and use of IT (Information Technology) tools relevant to information organization and retrieval.
A sound understanding of the principles of indexing. Knowledge of the Harmonized System and other product classifications would be an asset.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to work as part of a team is essential.
The following interpersonal capabilities are required: relate to and build relationships with colleagues; communicate information in a clear way and understand information; present technical facts to knowledgeable specialised audiences; work as a member of a team, relating to others, while working independently to achieve his/her objectives.
Minimum two years' relevant experience.
Excellent command of English, both oral and written is required. A good working knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be an asset.
Only applications from nationals of WTO Members will be accepted.
The WTO may use various communication technologies such as video or teleconference for the assessment and evaluation of candidates. The recruitment process may also involve the use of various forms of testing, assessment centres, interviews and reference checks.
Candidates not selected whose performance in the selection process nevertheless shows them to be suitable for a similar position may be kept on a roster for up to 18 months, and may subsequently be called upon as and when the need arises for additional resources.
|APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIT A WRITTEN EXAMINATION|
|APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY IF SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.|
|Please note that all candidates must complete an online application form.|
To apply, please visit the WTO's E-Recruitment website at: erecruitment.wto.org. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
|All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the |
closing date - Central European Time (CET) - stated in the vacancy announcement.