|Vacancy Notice No: SE/RO/GS/2015/18 |
Title: Executive Associate (Communication & Records)
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: Two years
|Date: 25 August 2015 |
Application Deadline: 15 September 2015
Duty Station: New Delhi, India
Organization unit: SE/DAF Director - Administration & Finance (SE/DAF) /
SE/ASO General Support Services (SE/ASO)
SE/CMR Communication & Records
|OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :|
To provide administrative assistance to Administrative Services Officer (ASO) in the entire range of activities of the Communication and Records unit.
|Description of duties:|
Under the general supervision of the ASO, the incumbent will lead the Communication & Records (C&R) team and perform the following duties:
1. Supervise, review and evaluate work of staff assigned;
2. Coordinate communications related activities comprising dispatch and receipt of diplomatic pouches, commercial mail/telegrams, telefaxes/faxes, distribution of mail/materials received and switchboard operations;
3. Oversee filing related work such as classification, recording, routing, filing of correspondence/documents etc., and orderly maintenance of SEARO officials archives;
4. Certify for payment all expenditures, on air/surface freight of diplomatic pouches/other material, on mail/telegrams, on telex/faxes, telephones, e-mail etc;
5. Determine comparative cost-effectiveness of alternative modes of communication options continuously;
6. Monitor maintenance of various UN/WHO Address Lists, Secretary's Guide Books, internal telephone directly and their timely updating;
7. Prepare correspondence, reports/evaluations, justifications on C&R related administrative/special tasks of general/confidential nature;
8. Ensure proper training of staff in alternative operational areas of C&R, for effective backstopping/replacement when require;
9. Advise senior administrative staff on C&R operations, technology up gradation options, streamlining procedures, staff performance, etc;
10. Participate in discussion/meetings to evaluate/revise procedures/practices, assesses their impact and recommends follow up actions;
11. Brief international personnel on Communication and Records operations in SEAR;
12. Plan budget for procurement of relevant services
13. Back-charge of the cost of services rendered to technical units and UN agencies
14. Maintain relevant imprest petty cash account
15. Initiate or oversee relevant GSM functions such as HR actions for all staff in the unit, procurement functions like APW and LTAs with supplier, creation of purchase orders (POs); uploading of invoices in GSM for final settlement; and monitoring and updating the POs for sufficient funds'
16. Oversee in-house printing of documents, reports, books, visiting cards, bulk photocopying and all related actions including supplies and equipment.
17. Focal point for records management and change management including updating of manuals, standard operating procedures, corresponding implementation, spearheading e-filing/archiving initiatives, etc.
18. Perform any other duties as required
Essential: Completion of Secondary School education
Desirable: University degree is an asset. Training/experience in business administration or orientation in communications/records operations.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution (please refer to http://www.whed.net/)
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of a wide range of administrative policies and procedures, WHO rules and regulations;
- Well-developed management and supervisory skills;
- Ability to write and speak well, essential communication skills
- Knowledge of communications/records-related policies/procedures;
- Knowledge of document management and archiving automated systems.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management.
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Producing results
5. Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Other Skills :
- IT skills: Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
- Proficiency in content management, archiving and document management.
Essential: At least seven years of progressively responsible work experience in administration/programme areas.
Desirable: Experience in area of communication/records/printing in WHO/UN/international organization; Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi.
In addition to position-specific test, external candidates will be required to qualify mandatory tests in English language and computer skills.
A written test, using computer, will be held for the short-listed applicants. The performance in written test will decide applicant's eligibility to appear in the interview.
The written test for shortlisted candidates will tentatively be held during the week starting 21 September - 1 October 2015. Candidates are advised to make themselves available during that week.
External candidates will be contacted only if under serious consideration;
This position is subject to local recruitment and will be filled only by a national of India, willing to relocate within commutable distance.
Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, child allowance, pension plan and medical insurance.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WHO:
http://www.who.int - To learn more about WHO's operations
http://icsc.un.org - Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date
|Annual salary: (Net of tax)|
INR 10, 29, 146 at single rate
|This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.|
|A written test and interviews may be used as a form of screening|
|Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO's e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.|
|All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.|
|WHO is committed to workforce diversity.|
|Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.|