Job Title: Computer Systems Officer – OpenText / EDMS Specialist
Reports to: Director, Information Technology (IT) Unit
The prospective candidate will be a member of the professional team of the OFID’s Information Technology (IT) Unit. S/he represents a corporate resource that develops practical information from computing assessments, cost benefit analysis and recommendations; more specifically in the area of Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) using the OpenText application system. S/he is required to provide solutions for complex requirements arising from diverse OFID’s EDMS infrastructure and OpenText application activities. S/he maintains and expands technical skills in EDMS and other related IT areas, in order to follow the technological trends and to solve future challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing the EDMS / OpenText system administration tasks, including server upgrades/patches, design, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, disaster recovery, archiving and storage management;
- Conducting user support and trouble shooting in the EDMS applications systems support, more specifically the OpenText system, to include:
- Analysing the problems and providing first level support to users;
- Coordinating with partnering vendors for the second and third level support;
- Regularly liaising with the focal points of the departments / units to ensure follow up of policies and procedures;
- Maintaining and developing the EDMS / OpenText application systems to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Participating, as team member, in IT implementation projects, application systems group, and other IT activities;
- Providing / coordinating EDMS / OpenText end-user training;
- Performing one / more assigned IT tasks which might include system analysis, programming, database administration, users’ support/helpdesk, disaster recovery, maintenance and support of assigned application systems, in coordination with support partners.
- An advanced university degree from a reputable university in the country of education, in any Information of Technology / Information System disciplines;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience; working with the OpenText – Electronic Document Management System is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of OpenText Content Server and Archive Servers, as well as knowledge of Email Archiving;
- Professional qualification in OpenText (i.e. OpenText certifications) will be an added advantage;
- Understands processes and best practices of developing and implementing a new Enterprise Content Management System (OpenText);
- Knowledge of Integration of OpenText content Server with SAP using xECM, Records Management, OpenText Tempo Box, Employee File Management module and Kofax is desirable;
- Familiar with up-to-date computer software packages, e.g. Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, LiveLink, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of German is considered as an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work as a member of multi-cultural project team and user community, as well as good time management skills;
- Understands the core activities of development finance institutions in general, and OFID in particular;
- Possesses good planning, organizational, time management, project management, as well as basic cost and benefit analysis skills.