- Archival processing – Arrange and organize IMF archival content according to international standards, compile metadata, map it to the existing catalog structure, describe new series in the catalog, and update series histories.
- Reference – Assist internal and external researchers by querying the IMF Archives and retrieving relevant archival materials.
- Digitization – Digitize materials at the item level for internal and external researchers and make available through the IMF’s Online Archives Catalog. Populate the catalog with all necessary metadata.
- Declassification – Review requested materials and declassify or block according to the IMF’s Open Archives Policy. Create withdrawal slips as necessary, with the purpose of informing clients about withdrawn records, and capturing that information in the catalog.
- Digital archiving – Assist in developing and implementing a digital archiving “long-term preservation” strategy that addresses both digitized copies of paper documents and “born digital content” coming from electronic systems like the IMF’s new document management system. Work with fellow team members and IT staff to identify, implement and manage a digital archiving system for documents, web content, email, videos, and digital photos.
- Policy and guideline updates – Develop and implement archival guidelines and policies.
- Outreach and Training – Engage with clients throughout the Fund to educate and empower them to access and use the IMF Archives. Build awareness of the IMF Open Archives Policy and its implications for managing IMF records.
- Demonstrable experience in archives management systems.
- Experience with managing information systems.
- Experience with MS Office Applications - Word, Excel; PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Access.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; including writing user/technical documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to interact with staff from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience with basic HTML, XML, and SQL.
- Experience with Enterprise Content Management Systems, including SharePoint, is highly desirable.