Consultancy - SharePoint Online Power User - ICTD/ECM, New York
Job Number: 508837 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Headquarters Locations: United States of America
Work Type : Consultancy
- Simplifying life at work
- Supporting access to UNICEF anywhere
- Connecting with partners and other UN entities
- Providing tools to create, communicate, collaborate, and share our know-how
- Driving efficient, effective and sustainable working practices
- Use the SharePoint Online and O365 features and/or other project management tools to support the Digital Workplace project management from the business perspective.
- Assist the project team to understand and use the features and capabilities of SharePoint Online based collaboration and publishing sites ensuring effective leverage of out of the box SharePoint Online functionality.
- Collaborate closely with the SharePoint development and administration team.
- Provide testing assistance following the development of new features, tools and functionality for the Digital Workplace.
- Work closely with the project team and IT to ensure the compatibility of the visual and user interface design and specifications with SharePoint Online.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other power users, the project team members and project stakeholders as required on an ad-hoc and informal basis.
- Develop quick understanding of UNICEF business processes, and work streams for effective delivery of the solution
- Create templates and re-usable lists, workflows and views within the product limits to meet business requirements.
- Implement sound/solid permission management
- Implement style and branding guidelines
- The successful candidate must not be a developer or administrator. We are looking for someone with hands on experience of SharePoint Online from the business user perspective.
- The Power User must have excellent knowledge of SharePoint Online for intranets and will be assigned to provide support and expertise to set-up and implement the UNICEF Digital Workplace, including but not limited to using advanced SharePoint Online product features, applying product functionality to business requirements, implementing site visual design, user interfaces, and providing specifications for implementation.
- University degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Communication or Information Management; at least (2) years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of one (1) years of relevant experience in managing SharePoint Online site collections or developing an Intranet on SharePoint Online.
- Strong experience with O365 and SharePoint Online site settings and configurations.
- Experience troubleshooting, supporting, and/or administering SharePoint Online.
- Real experience in designing and building intranet pages, templates and workflows according to design specifications in SharePoint Online.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting other users with SharePoint Online.
- Real experience in planning and creating intranet pages, templates and workflows according to design specifications in SharePoint Online.
- Excellent understanding of and ability to work with core SharePoint Online features i.e. document libraries, lists, web-parts, workflows, metadata, taxonomy, search.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (can explain complex technical Web processes to non-technical people).
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Think flexibly, independently and strategically to resolve issues, often interacting with other support teams.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, demonstrate very strong initiative, and can prioritize and self-direct work.
- Ability to be self-starter and to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse team within a large international organization.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Opening Date Wed Nov 29 2017 15:00:00 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time) Eastern Standard Time
Closing Date Wed Dec 13 2017 05:55:00 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time)