Thursday, March 10, 2016
Records Management Officer. EBRD, London. Open until 14 March 2016
Records Management Officer - part time 3 days per week
Closing date for applications
14 March 2016
The EBRD’s Trade Facilitation Programme (TFP) was developed to promote and facilitate international trade to, from and within central and eastern Europe, the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and the southern and eastern Mediterranean (SEMED) region. Under the TFP, guarantees are provided to international commercial banks thereby covering the political and commercial payment risk of transactions undertaken by participating banks (issuing banks) in the EBRD’s countries of operations. At present there are 100+ Issuing banks in 24 countries participating in the Programme, working with over 800 confirming banks and their subsidiaries throughout the world. Issuing banks in the region participate in the Programme with total limits in excess of €1 billion.
Collection and safe-keeping of documents, reports, contacts and data provided by Issuing Banks, Confirming Banks and co-financing partners helps the programme team to analyse, report and monitor financed transactions.
Purpose of Job
This is an Administrative two year fixed term contract position
The Records Management Officer will assist the Trade Facilitation Programme Team in the filing and safe-keeping of documentation of trade finance transactions facilitated under the programme. In addition, he/she will assist the Team in collecting and up-dating contact details, reports and data provided by clients and business partners of the TFP.
The Records Management Officer supports the TFP team in keeping records of up to 2,000 trade transactions p.a., financed by more than 100 TFP Issuing Banks in more than 20 EBRD countries of operation; in addition, he/she collects, up-dates and saves data provided by more than 800 correspondent banks and 2,000 business partners worldwide.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Update of contact databases various formats
· Maintaining trade record database
· Sorting, labelling and recording records for medium to long term storage
· Implement and update the contact detail database for Confirming Banks
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Skills in management of documentation and databases
· Good communication skills
· Ability to follow existing procedures and co-ordinate efforts with other team members
· Good interpersonal and proactive skills
· Fluent English, both written and spoken
Competencies and Personal Attributes
· Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
· Ability to cope well under pressure and a capacity for hard work
· Ability to work efficiently and cheerfully as part of a team
· Reliable, flexible and willing to work overtime as and when required
· Excellent interpersonal manner, including tact and diplomacy
· Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment.
This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required by business needs.
Recruitment for this position will be on a local basis. Travel, relocation and expatriation benefits do not apply.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.