Information Management Contractual – Temporary Term Contractual (TTC)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (“IDB” or “Bank”) is the main source of financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing countries.
• Review and establishment of the IM framework.
• Provide support in the Implementation of IM policies
1. Deployment of the new document and records management platform:
a. Design information architectures for units in the corporate side of the organization.
b. Undertake training, communication and promotional activities to increase buy-in.
a. Review existing policies, roles and responsibilities, and guidelines based on organization needs and latest market trends in IM.
b. Support the review and approval of new policies and guidelines
c. Contribute to the promotion of the new IM governance framework.
a. Support the implementation of the records retention schedules.
b. Raise awareness and increase compliance with IM polices including public access to information.
4. Other duties
a. Contribute to the day-to-day activities of the section as required.
b. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Areas of expertise:
- Knowledge of and experience with the concepts, principles and practice of information, document, records and archives management, including disclosure of information and electronic as well as paper records.
- Experience in using an electronic document and records management system in a medium to large-sized organization; experience in implementing and supporting an Electronic Document and Records Management System would be very advantageous.
- Experience with the definition and drafting of IM policies and guidelines.
- Experience in managing change processes would be an asset.
- Experience with SharePoint and Office 365 is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as well as being able to take coordination roles.
• Languages: Fluency in English. Proficiency in Spanish desirable but not a requirement.
• Consultancy category and modality: Temporary Term Contractual Monthly (TTC)
• Contract duration: 1 year, renewable up to 18 months
• Place(s) of work: IDB Headquarters at Washington, D.C. United States of America
• Responsible person: Section Chief Records Management
Payment and Conditions: Compensation will be determined in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures. The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may contribute toward travel and moving expenses. In addition, candidates must be citizens of an IDB member country.