|Vacancy Notice No: HQ/15/GMG/FT145 |
Contract type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Duration of contract: Two years - Renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the post
|Date: 19 March 2015 |
Application Deadline: 9 April 2015
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Organization unit: HQ/GMG General Management (HQ/GMG) /
HQ/OSS Operational Support and Services (HQ/OSS)
HQ/RAS Records and Archives (HQ/RAS)
|OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :|
The objective of Logistics Support Services (LSS) within the Department of Operational Support and Services (OSS) is to ensure access to timely and effective logistics support, in order to facilitate implementation of technical programs at all organizational levels
The sub-units of LSS are RAS (Records and Archives), CEC (Conference and Events Coordination), SOS (Staff Orientation Services), GCT (Global Conference and Training Centre), and TRV (Travel).
Incumbent is in daily contact with supervisor and others (within and without the Records and Archives unit) about folder structure, naming convention, and identification of correct donors.
|Description of duties:|
1. (50%) Treat Resource Mobilization records for HQ and Regional Offices: create donor structure in Livelink Records Management (LLRM) according to agreements and supporting documents sent by staff, scan, name and upload paper documents, upload electronic copies of agreements and supporting documents sent by Regional Offices, rename documents as necessary and add/adjust metadata as necessary, notify users and send links.
2. (20%) Monitor and identify inconsistencies or mistakes in Resource Mobilization folder structure, folder names, document names, and metadata entry (correct mistakes and recommend procedural changes to avoid future mistakes, take part in liaison with Regional Offices, Planning, Resource Coordination (PRP), and Finance in order to maintain coordinated approach to folder structure, naming convention, and metadata entry)
3. (10%) Add Award Numbers provided by Finance to folder titles to LLRM, with a special focus on cases where it is difficult to determine the the relationship between donor agreements and the award numbers established by Finance to which folder the Award Number relates.
4. (10%) Process donor agreement records remaining in older records management systems and enter them in the new system, liaise with Finance, Resource Mobilization and health technical units to retrieve paper originals of older documents where possible.
5. (10%) Continue electronic migration of WHO HQ Resource Mobilization records from old to new electronic records management system (transfer electronic images of documents, transfer related metadata according to modified classification scheme, including adaptations required if metadata fields in the systems do not correspond, make necessary cross-references or adjustments regarding organization of paper originals, considering differences between current and new classification schemes)
Completion of secondary education, technical school, or commercial school.
Training in computer skills, including training in electronic records management software.Training in archives or records management is a strong asset.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
An understanding of an international organisation structure similar to WHO structure, and an understanding of the various forms of donor agreements and supporting documents encountered in organizations such as WHO.
Good knowledge of Records and Archives policies and procedures and of professional standards, and skills in using electronic records management skills.
All of these are updated on the job, with additional formal software training provided as required.
Knowing and managing yourself
Fostering integration and teamwork
3 years relevant working experience, at least two of them in an archives or records management programme.
Experience in an international environment is a strong asset.
Expert knowledge of English and intermediate knowledge of French.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of each office.
This vacancy is published in English only.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WHO:
http://www.who.int (To learn more about WHO's operations )
http://icsc.un.org Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date
|Annual salary: (Net of tax)|
CHF 68611 at single rate
CHF 68611 with primary dependants
|This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.|