The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill a position of Information Management Specialist - Records Manager in the Information Management Services of the Language, Documentation and Information Management Division. Serving staff members interested in the position are also invited to apply.
This is a re-advertisement of Vacancy Notice No. EXT/F/14-22.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Archives, the incumbent will work primarily on the WTO official records management application, indexing, storage and dissemination of WTO materials and records internally and externally. The incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Catalogue, describe and organize information resources to ensure appropriate access and distribution of records using relevant metadata in electronic systems.
2. Assist in determining and applying international standards in records management, including authority files, taxonomies, thesauri, value lists, classification plans and retention policies to harmonize information.
3. In accordance with the Paper Smart Secretariat Plan, oversee the changeover from paper to electronic resources in the Archives Section.
4. Respond to telephone, email and written enquiries from Members, Secretariat and public on archival information resources by researching for materials and providing appropriate information.
5. Participate in the elaboration of information policy in respect of archives and records within the Division and work closely with other colleagues in this area.
6. Assist in the smooth functioning of training programmes for staff and others on how best to access, use and interpret WTO information resources through records management systems. Collaborate with the appropriate Secretariat team to create and distribute promotional and informational resources.
An advanced university degree in archives and records management or a basic university degree plus a qualification in this field recognized by a professional body that is equivalent to an advanced university degree.
|Knowledge and skills:|
Demonstrated professional experience in indexing, analysing and describing archive materials and records according to internationally recognized standards.
Demonstrated experience of state-of-the art electronic records management tools. Practical experience of DOCUMENTUM would be an asset.
Excellent command and use of IT (Information Technology) tools relevant to information organization and retrieval (e.g. search engines).
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team is essential.
Minimum two years' relevant experience.
Excellent command of English, both oral and written and a good working knowledge of French. Spanish would be an asset.
Only applications from nationals of WTO Members will be accepted.
|APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIT A WRITTEN EXAMINATION|
|APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY IF SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.|
|Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WTO to store your profile in a permanent database.|
Please visit WTO's E-Recruitment website at: www.wto.org. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
|All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the |
closing date - Central European Time (CET) - stated in the vacancy announcement.