Vacancy Notice N° e219/2014
Head of Content Section (Grade A1/A2)
Directorate General of Administration
Directorate of Information Technology
Closing Date: 10 December 2014
Location : Strasbourg
- Manages the section’s human and financial resources, focusing on result oriented client care and efficiency.
- Ensures delivery of the following statutory services:
- Audio-visual archives management and access to audio-visual archives via Internet;
- Physical archives management and access to paper archives via Internet;
- Document and Records management for physical and electronic assets.
- Manages the digitisation programme for both paper and audio-visual assets and their long term archiving and correct record keeping.
- Manages the digital preservation programme.
- Ensures the Help-desk services for enabling access to the physical assets for internal and external users.
- Ensures the implementation of Data and Information policy and the Archival Policy.
- Contributes to projects and programmes aiming to implement the Directorate General of Administration strategy with main focus on communication and change management.
- Provides advice and support in the sector of audio-visual archiving, digital preservation and media formats; collaborates with counterparts in other international organisations especially the European Parliament in development of shared services and good practise for more efficient and effective record and archive keeping.
- Coordinates the section’s communication activities within the professional communities, towards clients and partners as well as promotional/awareness raising actions of the IMD programmes, mainly supporting the achievements for facilitation of the Enterprise content management program and innovative organisation.
- Encourages the knowledge sharing in own team and across the Directorate of Information Technology.
External recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Article 15B of the Regulations on Appointments