Associate Information Resources & Services Administrator (Records & Archives)
|Position Title:||Associate Information Resources & Services Administrator (Records & Archives)|
|Department||Office of Administrative Services|
|Division||Information Resources and Services Unit|
|Recruitment Type||National and Administrative|
|Date Posted||8 October 2014|
|Closing Date||22 October 2014 , 5:00 p.m. (1700 Manila Time, 0900 GMT)|
• Maintains the archives storage repository to ensure that it is secure, clean, orderly, and temperature and humidity controlled.
• Organizes the archives and maintains the records through the identification, acquisition, appraisal, arrangement and description, conversion, and provision of access to archival records;
• Identifies records requiring conservation and provides treatment and restoration to damaged records using international standards.
• Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures in selecting and organizing archival materials as well as the information system of the ADB's archival holdings.
• Coordinates with Departments/Offices on the transfer of permanent records to the Archives.
• Ensures conversion of archival records to electronic formats (including its migration to newer media) for the preservation of historical collection and as part of the business continuity program.
• Develops and maintains electronic client interface, database, and website.
• Provides information and facilities to authorized archival records users through the preparation of indexes, guides, and other finding aids.
• Manages the reference services by conducting preliminary research, identifying relevant archival records and verifying staff's authority to have access to archival records or confidential materials to ensure security and integrity of archival records, and in compliance with the public communications policy of ADB.
• Promotes awareness on the importance of protecting and preserving archival materials and supports activities related to exhibits, external events and other activities requiring the distribution or display of archival materials. Maintains and develops the ADB Archives Gallery.
• Backs up other records staff in their absence.
• Maintains statistics on archival holdings and activity indicators on the use of archives collection.
• Participates in the evaluation of archives staff performance.
• Maintains records transfers, and plans the yearly work program.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor, specialist, and/or director and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience And Other Requirements:
• At least 5 years experience as a practicing archivist
• Working knowledge and understanding of established records management policies and procedures
• Thorough knowledge of archival/records management operations and preservation techniques
• Proficient in ADB standard software programs and information technologies, particularly for database management and client interface
• Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
• Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent command of written and spoken English
• Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
• Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
• Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
• Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
• Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
• Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
• Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
• Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
• Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
• Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
• Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
• Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
• Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
• Provides timely updates on relevant information
• Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
• Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
• Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
• Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
• Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
• Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively