Organization: MTGS-Records Unit
Primary Location: Austria-Vienna-Vienna-IAEA Headquarters
Job Posting: 2020-04-14, 4:01:05 PM
Closing Date: 2020-05-12, 11:59:00 PM
The Archives and Records Management Section establishes a framework for the creation and management of authentic, reliable and usable records, capable of supporting IAEA business functions and activities for as long as they are required. The Section is divided into three Units: Mail, Records and the Archives Unit.The Records Unit is responsible for the management of records, capable of supporting IAEA business functions and activities.
- Manage incoming, outgoing official correspondence of the Agency by assigning security classifications and metadata, distributing incoming, outgoing official correspondence in hardcopy and digital formats; scanning documents/records , maintaining logbooks and transmittal forms for classified correspondence and documents, disposing of documents/records; advising IAEA staff on proper handling of unclassified and classified information assets.
- Monitor and update distribution lists for official correspondence in the correspondence management workflow ; create and update access groups in correspondence management systems as necessary.
- Administer the official IAEA mailbox, including monitoring the spam, manage network folders and distribute messages to the registration teams, retain messages for l reference, and provide first level support for missing communication.
- Digitise Agency official documents/records following the instructions: preparing and scanning documents and ingesting them into Agency's information systems.
- Administer the Agency's fax software including liaising with technical staff in IT and external service provider, the monitoring of incoming and outgoing fax messages, as well as ensure appropriate distribution and follow up.
- Coordinating the maintenance of correspondence management systems with the IT teams to ensure that issues affecting performance, business continuity are addressed in a timely manner;
- Perform systematic quality control on data entry in correspondence management systems, report problems to Unit Head;
- Contribute to preparing guidelines, procedures, SOPs, user manual about the correspondence management, respond to inquiries and ensure sustained high-quality customer service.
- Perform records management operations as necessary, may need to lift boxes weighing up to 15KG and work in dusty environment.
|Planning and Organizing||Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Section’s priorities. Takes into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans.|
|Communication||Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner. Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions.|
|Achieving Results||Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results in the context of the Department/Division’s programme. Evaluates his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.|
|Teamwork||Actively contributes to achieving team results. Supports team decisions.|
|Analytical thinking||Gathers and analyses information, identifying critical relationships and patterns among data and proposes workable solutions.|
|Client orientation||Establishes effective relationships with clients to understand and meet or exceed their needs. Finds ways to ensure client satisfaction.|
|Resilience||Able to remain calm in emotionally charged situations. Accepts constructive feedback in a positive manner and is able to cope with setbacks.|
|Administrative Support||Data Management||Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Open Refine and MS Power BI.|
|General Services||Data and Information Analysis and Reporting||Knowledge of applying Information Security standards and document security classifications.|
|Administrative Support||MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)||Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Open Text Suite or other document management applications.|
|Administrative Support||Records and Documents Administration||Knowledge of Record and Information Management standards and best practices.|
|Administrative Support||Discretion and Respect for Confidentiality||Ability to deal with high sense of confidentiality with records and documents and to apply information security control measures.|
- Completed secondary education.
- A minimum of five years of work experience, two years in records management.
- Experience with data curation and Electronic Document and Records Management software.
- Work experience in an international environment is an asset.
- Good oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
- English language test (Level 2) to IAEA standard.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical report. Recruitment will be on a LOCAL BASIS only. Outside applicants are required to supply to the IAEA or to authorize it to seek all information relevant to their suitability for employment by the IAEA. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values): Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity. Staff members may be assigned to any location. The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above.