|Posting Title:||Archives Assistant (Two Positions), FS5 (Temporary Job Opening)||Job Code Title:||ARCHIVES ASSISTANT||Department/Office:||United Nations Investigative Team for Accountability of Da’esh/ISIL|
|Duty Station:||BAGHDAD||Posting Period:||06 April 2020 - 05 May 2020||Job Opening Number:||20-Documentation and Information -UNS-SPM UNITAD-134589-J-Baghdad (X)||Staffing Exercise||N/A|
Org. Setting and Reporting
-Performs relevant biographical and historical research; prepares documents for systematic description and digitization, if necessary for long-term preservation; analyzes content of documents to be described extracting information useful for historic research; enters data into the archives management system according to the archival description standards; makes archival descriptions and files available online; reviews data entry of collaborator.
-Makes technical analysis of documents to be scanned according to their quality and goal of digitization; defines and implements settings of the scanner including resolution, formats and filters; digitizes and saves document, converts the file format if necessary, adds watermark; links to unit of description in archives management system; participates in scanning and description policies; provides feedback for the establishment of policies based on practical experience; participates in working groups on archival description and digitization.
-Assists with archival tasks/projects assigned by the chief; assists in any task related to the work of the unit; digitizes and describes documents collected as part of the UNITAD work; participates in unit and cross-sectional working groups.
-Participates in planning, organizing, and conducting on site digitization project to collect evidence from Iraqi ministries and courts.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Experience with archives management systems desirable.
Experience with UN tribunal or Investigative bodies and knowledge of UN history desirable.
Experience with evidence collection, management and retention policies desirable.
• While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
• Subject to the funding source of the position, the eligibility for this temporary job opening may be limited to candidates based at the duty station.
• This temporary job opening may be limited to “internal candidates,” who have been recruited through a competitive examination administered according to staff rule 4.16 or staff selection process including the review of a central review body established according to staff rule 4.15.
• Staff members of the United Nations common system organizations who will reach the mandatory age of separation or retirement within the duration of the current temporary need period are not eligible to apply.Submitting an application or selection for the current temporary job opening does not delay or increase the mandatory age of separation.
• Retirees above the mandatory age of separation who wish to be considered for the current temporary job opening must indicate the reason for their last separation as "retirement." Such retirees shall not be employed by the Organization, unless (a) the operational requirements of the Organization cannot be met by staff members who are qualified and available to perform the required functions; and (b) the proposed employment would not adversely affect the career development or redeployment opportunities of other staff members and represents both a cost-effective and operationally sound solution to meet the needs of the service.
United Nations Considerations
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.