Job Number: 508371 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Headquarters Locations: Hungary
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) project’s goal is to take a systemic approach that introduces and institutionalizes Electronic Content Management (including systems, policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and governance), providing improved document and records management and retention, improved search functionality, strengthened archives management, a new digital preservation capability, content reuse and repurposing, and collaboration across UNICEF. The project also seeks to reduce risks, improve usability of tools, provide significant cost and time savings, enable new organizational capabilities and comply with several audit recommendations. These goals will be implemented in keeping with the organizational strategy and information management requirements of stakeholders in various business areas.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this consultancy is to support all business areas throughout UNICEF’s offices, through the content migration process.
The Communications Specialist will have day-to-day supervision of the Content Migration Consultant, while the efficacy and outcome, along with the project plans will be jointly overseen by the Communications Specialist and the ECM Senior Project Manager.
• Perform a document inventory of Shared Drives (SDs), SharePoint Libraries, and other file repositories
• Implement the ECM-recommended naming convention on existing content
• Implement the ECM-recommended folder structure on Shared Drives
• Analyze content with support from the ECM team and the local Subject Matter Experts and Content Owners
• Migrate content as approved
• Other tasks as needed
• Content is mapped and prepared for migration to the ECM solution
• Business areas are supported in a collaborative manner in line with ECM project goals
• Participate in regional and country discussion forums
• Migrate all content as approved by business owners to ECM system for go live date
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
• A university degree in information management, computer science, or data related field or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working with unstructured or structured information
• Strong attention to detail
• Solid training skills/experience
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain work relationships
• Strong interpersonal and listening skills
• Understanding of SharePoint desirable
• Working knowledge of other UN language such as Spanish or French, will be considered an asset.
• Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
Location and Duration
• This consultancy will be performed on UNICEF Premises in Budapest, Hungary.
• The duration of this assignment is 6 months.
• Please indicate your availability and daily rate (in US dollars) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable)
• Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
• All applications to UNICEF are required to be submitted through UNICEF's online recruiting system. All applications should be in English.
Terms and conditions of the assignment
Individual consultants receive remuneration for verified output based on days worked. Individual consultants are not eligible to participate in UNICEF’s benefits including insurance, pension, paid sick leave or annual leave. UNICEF undertakes no liability for taxes, duty or other contribution payable by the consultant on payments made under this contract.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Opening Date Wed Oct 25 2017 09:00:00 GMT+0200 (Romance Daylight Time) Central Europe Daylight Time
Closing Date Wed Nov 08 2017 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time)