Consultancy – Content Management & Design, Public Partnerships Division, UNICEF HQ
Locations: Headquarters Locations: United States of America
Work Type : Consultancy
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the Public Partnerships Division (PPD), through the mapping and preparation of content for migration to ECM.
The consultancy assignment is for 6 months.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
About Content Management
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) project’s goal is to take a systemic approach that introduces and institutionalizes Electronic Content Management (including systems, policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and governance), providing improved document and records management and retention, improved search functionality, strengthened archives management, a new digital preservation capability, content reuse and repurposing, and collaboration across UNICEF.
The project also seeks to reduce risks, improve usability of tools, provide significant cost and time savings, enable new organizational capabilities and comply with several audit recommendations. These goals will be implemented in keeping with the organizational strategy and information management requirements of stakeholders in various business areas.
Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the Public Partnerships Division (PPD), through the mapping and preparation of content for migration to ECM, with a view to how the information would be presented to end-users for accessibility, searchability and overall user-friendliness.
The incumbent will report to PPD’s Senior Adviser and Communication Specialist.
- Perform a document inventory of PPD’s Intranet, TeamSites, Shared Drives (SDs), SharePoint Libraries, and other file repositories
- Implement the ECM-recommended naming convention on existing content
- Implement the ECM-recommended folder structure on PD Shared Drives and Online information-sharing platforms
- Analyze PPD content with support from the ECM team
- Support the PPD Director’s Office with its engagement in the ECM Steering Committee and in related discussions
- Other ECM-related activities as needed
- Other KM related tasks as needed
- Content is mapped and prepared for migration to the ECM solution
- Content prepared with the end goal in mind, especially easily searchable content on Online platforms such as consolidated Intranet / Sharepoint teamsite
- Business areas are supported in a collaborative manner in line with ECM project goals
- A university degree in information management, computer science, or data related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience working with unstructured or structured information
- Understanding of SharePoint mandatory
- Solid understanding of the concept of the Digital Workplace and hands-on experience in introducing and creatively promoting the use of related platforms and tools from the Office 365 range of products and SharePoint 2013 online.
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking
- Experience of working within UNICEF or other UN entities, familiarity with the work of UNICEF public partnerships would be an asset.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate (in US$, including validity period of proposed rate) to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
To apply to this assignment, you will need to submit your CV or resume as well as a United Nations Personal History P11 form to emurekio[@]unicef.org no later than 15 November 2017. The P11 form can be downloaded here. [Word] Alternatively, if you have maintained a candidate profile in e-Recruitment, you may download that profile and submit it as part of your application.
Opening Date Fri Oct 27 2017 15:00:00 GMT+0200 (Romance Daylight Time) Eastern Daylight Time
Closing Date Thu Nov 16 2017 05:55:00 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time)