Associate, Records Management & ArchivesApply now »
|Office Country||United Kingdom|
|Division||VP, Human Resources & Corporate Services|
|Dept. / Bus. Group||Information Technology|
|Business Unit||Records Management and Archives|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Length||2 years|
|Posting End Date|
The Records Management and Archives (RM&A) team organises and protects the Bank’s information, making it accessible and useable.
The Associate, Records Management is responsible for managing the records of the EBRD legal department (Office of the General Counsel) and must understand well the Bank operations, and more especially be familiar with their legal aspects. The specific areas of expertise covered by the role are described in items 3 to 5 of the job description.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Manage departmental records to facilitate efficient classification, retrieval and disposition of business information, conduct research and answer information enquiries from Bank staff and protect vital records to ensure business continuity
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Records Management and Archives policies and procedures for the Bank to meet business requirements and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
- Establish and maintain departmental records retention and disposal schedules in order to preserve the institutional memory of the Bank
- Organise physical and electronic structured archives, both as a vital business resource and as a resource for future academic research
- Establish best practice and ensure compliance with records management and archives standards through awareness of current developments and new technologies and through links with external records and archives services from other similar organisations
- Train new members of the RM&A team and EBRD staff at all levels to ensure compliance with records and archives procedures
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of function-based electronic document and records management systems to enhance Bank business performance
- Supervise staff including: develop annual individual objectives; oversee operations to ensure objectives are achieved and appraise performance
- Has own area of expertise and/or responsibility which may include the following:
- Manage the EBRD audio-photo-video-web site collections to ensure their long-term preservation Manage the off-site storage operations to achieve efficient management and retrieval of the EBRD records stored off-site, including: acting as chair of tender panel; preparing annual archives budget line; and negotiating annual insurance
- Coordinate the RM&A disaster recovery operations including maintenance of the RM&A Disaster Response and Recovery Plan in order to restart RM&A business in the event of a disaster
- Manage the safekeeping operations to protect vital legal records and minimise exposure to operational risk, financial loss and reputational damage
- Manage the scanning, indexing, quality checking and releasing of documents into EDMS to ensure records are up to date
- Manage departmental EDMS including: drafting of user requirements, development, implementation, upgrade of EDMS with IT assistance; helpdesk support and access maintenance in order to protect integrity and accountability of records
- Assist the Senior Records Management Advisor in managing the Bank Records System to provide system administration and user support
- Manage the records of the Resident Offices, travelling extensively to support all aspects of records management, as well as RO closures and relocations
This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required by business needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- University degree or extensive experience in Records Management and Archives, preferably in a multi-cultural organisation
- Very good technical knowledge of electronic records and document management systems
- Computer literate: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to supervise and coach staff
- Excellent communications skills- ability to communicate appropriate and concise information, in written and verbal formats, to a wide variety of audiences within the EBRD
- Excellent interpersonal skills- ability to work effectively with teams across a wide spectrum of competence areas and levels as well as independently and to act as a respected counterpart; ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with discretion
- Ability to generate and drive projects, ability to generate new initiatives and to work creatively
- Excellent understanding of the specific nature of the Bank and its culture, and ability to build effective working relationships across departments within the Bank to deliver the objectives of the team
- Excellent team player
- Concern for accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organisational, analytical and multi-tasking skills; ability to show initiative
- Ability to work independently, to tackle issues and propose practical solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible in working hours and willingness to travel
- Fluent English, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of another European Language (e.g. French, German, Russian) useful, but not essential
Please note: this position is a two year fixed term contract.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Archivist, Records Management, Manager, Banking, Records, Management, Finance