SIO is the Section of International Organizations of the International Council of Archives.Within ICA's general objectives of working for the advancement of archives through international co-operation, SIO aims at:
- promoting professional and scholarly co-operation and communication between archives and archivists of international organizations;
- achieving recognition of the existence and value of archive services within international organizations;
- achieving recognition of the professional status of archivist for the international civil servants in charge of archives, and to assist their basic and continuing training;
- studying the question of preservation, appraisal and description of archives of international organizations;
- developing access to archives of international organizations;
- promoting co-operation with historians and the research community.
Tom Adami and his team of the Mechanism for International Criminal Tribunals (http://www.unmict.org/en) will be our hosts this year. The meeting itself will take place from 08 May until 10 May 2017 at the fantastic new premises of the MICT in Arusha, Tanzania (http://www.unmict.org/specials/arusha-facility/index.html).
We are preparing an exciting meeting with a stimulating one day workshop followed by presentations / speeches from our colleagues . You will meet in Arusha the who is who of archives of International Organizations.
Later this month we will provide a draft agenda and more,information on hotels, etc.
I hope to meet you all in Arusha for a succesful and inspiring meeting.
Gustavo Castaner, SIO/ICA Chair
Not a member of SIO? Join ICA for an annual membership fee of 100 € a year, request membership in our Section and come to Arusha to meet with us!