Records Management Specialist, P-3, #99343, ITSS - New York HQ
Job Number: 498748 | Vacancy Link
Location: Information Tech Solutions & Services
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager, the incumbent of this post will:
- Implement and lead the development and rollout of the Enterprise Content Management (ECM).
- Lead the implementation of the records management stream of the project in compliance with records best practices including system analysis methodologies, records and information management implementation processes and procedures and workflow processes required for implementation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain organization wide classification scheme, controlled vocabulary and retention schedules
- Communicate with key stakeholders to proactively ensure organizational understanding of the interrelationship of records and business processes
- Provide any training to staff in accessing and managing records of any form or media.
- Support Senior Project Manager in implementation of the ECM project.
- Perform other duties as required.
1. Operational functions
- Operationalizes and implements organizational guidelines, as defined by the ECM project that support teams regarding the identification, preservation, collection, processing, and review of information. Ongoing program-related activities would include the design, delivery, and provision of advisory and operational support of ECM program services.
- Manages records intake, release, destruction, and access procedures for the NYHQ departments and field offices; ensures compliance with policies, and ensures completion of the process. Responds to questions, and provides instruction and training as needed.
- Manages classification of large information collections in the data centers, case rooms, file cabinets, offsite storage facilities, or wherever recorded information may be found.
- Using a data driven focus develops a process improvement process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on space management where there are housing costs, including electronic storage.
- Identifies a continuous performance and quality improvement effort and monitoring and reporting system. Regularly reports the status of performance and quality improvement efforts and impacts.
- Communicates regularly with Senior Project Manager - ECM to ascertain the status of activities to ensure information is managed accurately and appropriately.
- Provides direction and support for all staff regarding various information governance questions along with liaising with other internal / external users.
- Develops and provides trainings for personnel on a variety of information governance topics.
- Ensures the quality, consistency and appropriateness of communication materials that are developed, produced, and disseminated to staff members.
- Provides necessary support and insights on developing records and information management social medial and supplier communication strategy.
- As required, under direction of the Senior Project Manager - ECM, collaborates with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on administrative matters including information exchange and harmonization.
- An advanced university degree (Master's) in Archival Studies, Information Sciences, or a directly related field(s) is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience at the national or international levels in information management, records management, and project management or other relevant areas is required.
- Prior experience with large scale digitalization projects is considered is desired.
- Prior experience in understanding of international development issues is an asset.
- Prior experience working with a multilateral or UN organization is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Analyzes and integrates potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources.
- Demonstrates, applies and shares expert technical knowledge across the organization.
- Ensures that team or department follows relevant company policies and procedures.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Opening Date 25 Aug 2016 Eastern Standard Time
Closing Date 13 Sep 2016 Eastern Standard Time