Digital Assets Management (DAM) Expert, Consultancy, New York
Job Number: 498899 | Vacancy Link
Location: Information Tech Solutions & Services
Work Type : Consultancy
Job organizational context
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication (DOC) comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF's work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability. Web stories, blog posts, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, UNICEF Connect, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms are all a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
The ECM Project led by ITSS seeks to create a digital workplace whereby internal content is accessed, created, and shared in a federated system that provides for easy searching across departments and programmes.
Purpose for the job
DOC/DSS and ITSS/ECM seek to hire a highly Digital Asset Management expert to develop a recommended course of action to support a shared DAM platform that can meet internal and external user requirements.Under the general guidance of the Senior Project Manager –the Business Analyst will work with key stakeholders to understand their needs and assist them in aligning their business processes as the ECM is implemented.
- Take existing documentation (Intranet user Needs Assessment and Recommendations, Digital multimedia archiving needs documentation, etc.) and merge it into a technical assessment.
- Interact with global communications and national committee staff to develop and document a deeper understanding of DAM needs and usage to supplement the technical assessment.
- Review current and proposed technology platforms to ensure recommendation is technically feasible.
- Provide recommendations.
- Masters' Degree in Library Science, Information Management, Digital Media, or a directly related field.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in digital media and/or digital communication.
- Experience transforming business requirements to identify how different components will fit together and identifying market trends that regard supporting software.
- Experience in platform interoperability and API feeds.
- Understands the requirements for user-centred design.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organizations.
- Experience in project management.
Evaluation of Proposals:
The consultant proposal will be assessed by a committee composed of UNICEF staff and will be based on the followings:
- Technical expertise and experience (70%);
- Financial offer (30%).
Opening Date 1 Sep 2016 Eastern Standard Time
Closing Date 16 Sep 2016 Eastern Standard Time