Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
ABOUT THE VPU
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions. The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The Information & Technology Solutions Operations & Corporate department (ITSOC) is led by a BSC Chief Information Officer at the Director level. ITSOC partners with clients and IT network colleagues to provide transformative development solutions through the management of information and provision of IT enabled business solutions, towards a world free of poverty.
The Knowledge & Information unit (ITSKI) is part of the Operations & Corporate department (ITSOC) within the Information Management & Technology (ITS) vice presidency. The ITSKI unit’s primary clients are internal (the Regional Vice-presidencies, the Global Practices) and other corporate and operational units, as well as with external clients, partners, and the public that use the Bank’s Access to Information systems and archival services.
***The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of race, gender, nationality, culture, and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties & Accountabilities:
The IT Analyst, Information Management will assume the following responsibilities:
Ensuring the successful roll out of changes to the WBGs information management technologies via interacting with clients to ensure successful implementation. Initially starting with collaboration platform and new intranet, by focusing on:
• ePublish (internal publishing tool)
o Track progress of each Vice Presidency in closing their ePublish sites
o Provide guidance on migration of content to new intranet
o Participate in project management meetings
o Guide units on how to change their friendly URLS, Aliases to the new intranet sites away from the old sites
o Prepare presentations and maintain documentation on the project
• Facilitating adoption of platforms by the internal and external communities by:
o Providing direct support and guidance in the most effective use of platform features to individual users, teams, departments and communities using the internal or external social collaboration platform.
o Developing help and training material, as needed, and based on business needs, in collaboration with the ITS training team.
o Capturing and highlighting the good practices in the use of social online collaboration platforms, whether linked to a specific feature of the technology or a use.
o Providing recommendations and highlighting good practices, accelerating adoption of the intranet hubs and collaboration spaces.
• Serving as the liaison between business and ITS:
o Monitoring and reporting issues and bugs, to ensure swift resolution.
o Highlighting opportunities for improvement, shared by the business teams and aligned with the business needs.
o Coordinating with counterparts on the business side on governance aspects such as the creation of new communities, hubs.
o Meeting minutes of client engagements and follow-up.
• Monitoring and reporting regularly on adoption and activity on both intranet hubs and collaboration sites, highlighting top communities and best use cases.
o Preparing monthly reports on activity on both platforms to be shared with management, business counterparts and users at large.
o Highlighting monthly top users, top communities and top pieces of content, to give visibility to best use cases.
Master's degree with 2 years relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
Experience with World Bank policies, procedures, practices and operations preferred.
• Appropriate training in records management, scanning, imaging, and application of computer technology in the records and information management environment. Experience with EMC Documentum required.
• Proven record in successfully managing, nurturing and growing online communities. Hands-on, extensive experience of working on collaboration and social media projects and design and facilitation of online communities of practice. Excellent understanding of cultural change aspects associated with the introduction of social media and social collaboration.
• Experience in working in a user support function and designing and delivering training a distinctive advantage.
• Possesses and maintains knowledge and skills needed to develop, promote, and implement best practices in information & knowledge management. Possesses and maintains understanding of all stages of the content lifecycle.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to business users from across the Bank. Ability to translate technical jargon into business language. Good pedagogical and facilitation skills.
• Good project management skills and proven capacity to deliver results on time and within the allocated budget.
• Outstanding communication skills including proven ability to convey complex ideas through clear communication, concise reports, and effective oral presentations.
• Ability for continuous learning and professional development in the areas of project management, records management and knowledge management.
• Knowledge of relevant software such as Sharepoint, Beezy, WebEx, and/or proven ability to quickly master relevant software packages.
• Fully proficient knowledge of records management practices including retrieval, reference, research and advisory services.
• Fluency in English is essential.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and ability to present ideas and information both clearly and concisely.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills with strong sense of initiative and responsibility;
•Ability to manage large quantities of statistical data and format such data in a user friendly manner is critical.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relations within and outside the WBG and to promote collaboration within the team to meet objectives.
• Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
• Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.