ABOUT THE WORLD BANK GROUP
Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
ABOUT THE VPU
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions. The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The Information & Technology Solutions Operations & Corporate department (ITSOC) is led by a BSC Chief Information Officer at the Director level. ITSOC partners with clients and IT network colleagues to provide transformative development solutions through the management of information and provision of IT enabled business solutions, towards a world free of poverty.
The Knowledge & Information unit (ITSKI) is part of the Operations & Corporate department (ITSOC) within the Information Management & Technology (ITS) vice presidency. The ITSKI unit’s primary clients are internal (the Regional Vice-presidencies, the Global Practices) and other corporate and operational units, as well as with external clients, partners, and the public that use the Bank’s Access to Information systems and archival services
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties & Accountabilities
The IT Analyst, Information Management will assume the following responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance of IFC’s records management system and procedures with World Bank Group records management standards;
• Participates in day-to-day development and maintenance of information resources and services and provides quality control.
• Provide records management training to staff and guidance on records management policies and procedures and assist staff with same.
• Provide monitoring reports on records management compliance; ensure filing is completed in a timely fashion and works with staff to meet compliance guidelines;
• Analyze records management systems and procedures and make recommendation for improvement; contributes to continual updating, cataloging or profiling guidelines and framework.
• Evaluate and test document management application enhancements and new solutions;
• Provide analytic, research and professional support to others;
• Mentors, motivates and provides direction, guidance and training to junior team members in carrying out the defined work program.
• Coordinate client requirements gathering services. Creates and manages administrative and investment/ project folders; maintain an up-to-date list of all folders needed for filing.
• Ensure transfer of records to Archives and remote repositories;
• Ensure timely and high quality delivery of services according to agreed-upon service standards;
• Oversee and help develop efficient filing and retrieval system relying on electronic records;
• Perform ad-hoc assignments upon request of supervisor and/or manager.
Master's degree with 2 years relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
Experience with World Bank policies, procedures, practices and operations preferred.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills encompassing international business, ability to conduct research independently;
• Appropriate training in records management, scanning, imaging, and application of computer technology in the records and information management environment. Experience with EMC Documentum required.
• Expert knowledge of practices for and experience with developing, organizing, and preserving records/library collections.
• Fully proficient at providing assistance and training to other staff members.
• Fully proficient knowledge of records management practices including retrieval, reference, research and advisory services.
• Fluency in English is essential.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and ability to present ideas and information both clearly and concisely.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills with strong sense of initiative and responsibility;
•Ability to manage large quantities of statistical data and format such data in a user friendly manner is critical.
• Ability to prepare training presentations and arranges or conducts training for IFC staff on IFC’s records
and information management and archiving functions as appropriate.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relations within and outside the WBG and to promote collaboration within the team to meet objectives.
• Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
• Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.