|Posting Title:||INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT|
|Job Code Title:||INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office:||FIELD MISSIONS ADMINISTERED BY DPKO|
|Posting Period:||06 April 2016 - 20 April 2016|
|Job Opening Number:||58422|
Archives and Records Management
• Oversees and manages MINUSMA Archives; ensuring that documentation is properly stored and safe-guarded and available for reference by authorized MINUSMA staff members;
• Oversees records accessioning operations by supervising and guiding staff in receiving transfers; ensuring the application of retention schedules and the establishment of links to previous accessions;
• Manages records storage operations by approving space allocations and associated accessions and database updating; responding to problems that arise with solutions; and monitoring environmental quality controls;
• Report s to DPKO Headquarters concerning documentation held in MINUSMA Archives and coordinates the transfer of Archives documentation to DPKO HQ as required;
• Manages document disposals by coordinating with relevant MINUSMA staff concerning off-site storage; ensure the proper preparation of background information for the review of archivists and approve retention schedules; supervises the staging of records for disposal, ensuring incinerator use for confidential documentation;
• Manages contractually stored records by facilitating the establishment of contracts and monitoring compliance; supervises the preparation of records for transfer to commercial storage; ensures retention schedules are applied and initiate reappraisals and disposals in consultation with archivists;
• Establishes archival procedures and supervises archival arrangements and description operations performed by Unit staff;
• Oversees reference and research operations and supervises reference staff in records identification, retrieval and reproduction services;
• Ensures the provision of environmental and safety secure curatorial and database management for artworks and archival photograph collections;
• Supervises and directs access and declassification reviews by monitoring the screening of records for security-classified materials, approves declassification review requests and ensures the Unit database is properly updated.
• Manages the provision of research and document delivery services provided by the Unit and prepares related reports for the supervisor and senior management;
• Decides on changes in practices and procedures in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of services provided;
• Evaluates statistics on services, systems and workload of the Unit, and prepares related reports for the supervisor and senior management, making improvements and changes where required.
• Supervises and provides work direction and guidance to junior information management assistants; manage and coordinate the activities under his/her unit or area of responsibility; monitor staff performance and prepare performance evaluation reports for staff supervised;
• Prepares budget submissions related to the operation of the Information Management Unit; drafts narrative justifications for the proposed budget and; monitors budget expenditures once approved;
• Consults and advises other units/sections throughout MINUSMA to identify and plan the provision of information management services, and ensures the efficient provision of such services;
• Prepares work output and progress reports on the work of the Unit for the supervisor and senior management;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; Shows willingness to learn new technology.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the At-a-Glance on "The Application Process" and the Instructional Manual for the Applicants, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of inspira account-holder homepage.
Applications are pre-screened by the system according to the published requirements of the job opening on the basis of the information provided in the application. In relation to the requirements of the job opening, applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their qualifications, including their education, work experience, and language skills. Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications may render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at midnight (New York time) on the deadline date.