|Staff Category:||Staff Member|
|Contract Duration:||3 years|
|Grading:||Commensurate with experience and qualifications|
|Closing Date:||22 November 2015|
Job DescriptionThe European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).
EMBL is looking for a dynamic Records and Information Specialist to develop, implement and oversee records and document management across EMBL Administration and other areas as required. The successful candidate will have to carry out a full review of EMBL’s current record management capabilities and practices in order to define a new, integrated solution that is in line with EMBL internal rules and regulations, applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and best industry standards and norms. S/He will work closely with the EMBL Archivist and report to the EMBL Administrative Director.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and oversee records and information management policies and procedures, in line with professional best practice, the culture of EMBL and users’ needs. This will be carried out in close collaboration with the EMBL Archivist.
• Implement and manage the IT systems necessary to deliver successful records management at EMBL.
• Store, arrange, and make searchable and accessible analogue and digital records and documents created by EMBL in the course of its usual activities.
• Raise awareness of and provide suitable in-house training on good document management.
Qualifications and ExperienceApplicants must be able to demonstrate recent experience in improving or setting up a comprehensive records and document management solution. They must be service-oriented and able to work independently.
The following qualifications and skills are required:
- A postgraduate qualification in records management, information management, or a cognate discipline. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of current records and information management standards and tools.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of using relevant DCM and EDM systems, or experience developing such systems.
- At least 2-years’ experience of working with hard-copy and electronic records.
- Excellent project management skills with experience managing complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to think laterally.
- A thorough knowledge of issues pertaining to records and information management, especially with regards to governance, risk management, compliance and data security. An understanding of long-term digital preservation would be an advantage.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to translate users’ needs into practical solutions, and communicate at all levels, internally and externally.
- A high-level of integrity and ethics is required due to the responsibilities with confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Command of German or French would be an advantage.
Application InstructionsPlease apply online through