Library & Archives Information Manager
- Reply to, dispatch and follow-up on client requests. Provide guidance, training and support to clients including: records management advice, locating and ordering articles, publications, interlibrary or archival loans and monitoring returns and following-up with clients when items are not returned on time.
- Appraisal of electronic records transfered by Directorates. Assure their indexing, storage or destruction in line with the Organisation’s retention schedule.
- Keep abreast of information sources in order to meet clients’ information needs.
- Digitise documents from microfiches, microfilms or paper.
- Check the quality of digitised folders and import and index them in OECD.Records.
- Import and catalogue electronic versions of OECD monographs, periodicals, official documents, photos, audio and video recordings into OECD.Records.
- Work with clients across the Organisation to identify their needs, implement good knowledge and information management research practices and apply practical digital solutions.
- Participate in the Unit’s strategic projects as part of the Digital, Knowledge and Information Management Service’s work programme.
- Participate in preparing material, exhibits and animations for the Unit’s events in co-ordination with the communications co-ordinator.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Post-secondary education.
- A professional qualification in records, library or information management.
- Three years practical experience in one of the fields related to records, information or library management.
- Experience in taxonomy management and working with semantic tools would be an advantage.
- Two years experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- OpenText Content Server
- Microsoft Office Suite
- An excellent written and oral command of one of the two official languages of the OECD (English and French) and working knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the other.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Analytical thinking, Managing resources, Client focus.
- Please refer to the full list of OECD Core Competencies and the level 1 indicators.
- Two year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Monthly base salary starting from 3 229 EUR exempt of French income tax, plus allowances based on eligibility.
- Please note, the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.