IT Technical Expert (OpenText Content Server/Archive Server)
- enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, which largely focus on SAP,
- enterprise content management (ECM) systems, which largely focus on the OpenText Content Server and Archive Server platform, and
- the Data Intelligent Services Centre (DISC).
The successful applicant will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- close liaison with internal customers regarding the design of solutions in order to meet requirements and the suggestion of potential alternatives, taking account of standardisation considerations and the total cost of ownership;
- integration of applications services based on the OpenText Content Server and Archive Server platform, from technical design, specification, evaluation and selection of new solutions to integration, testing, maintenance and documentation;
- contributing to the service strategy for the ECB’s ECM systems;
- delivering presentations and leading workshops on technical project activities aimed at a variety of stakeholders (of different hierarchical levels and technical understanding);
- technical lead for longer-term OpenText platform projects and releases, such as upgrades of the core applications (Content Server, Archive Server) and underlying infrastructure (e.g. database servers, storage, operating system);
- participation in dynamic short-term teams for maintenance activities, such as those required to support changes to infrastructure components, patching the core application, integrating the application with other services in the role of technical lead on the OpenText applications and/or activity coordinator;
- drafting and maintaining accurate and up-to-date technical documentation relating to the OpenText products used by the bank and associated modules and component applications, such as technical specifications, operational manuals and release/change management documentation;
- cooperation with the teams responsible for the daily operations of the productive systems in the service transition phase, supporting the hand-over to operations, and, later on, in the role of third-line support for issues.
- preferably a master’s degree in computer science, business engineering or another field relevant to IT, or a bachelor’s degree combined with relevant professional qualifications, and four years of relevant experience in the development of document management solutions using OpenText Archive Server/Content Server solution architecture;
- expert knowledge of OpenText LiveLink/Content Server, Archive Server and Enterprise Connect;
- proven experience in the installation, setting-up, customisation, maintenance and integration of OpenText solutions in complex enterprise system architectures;
- knowledge of the design, development and management of workflows and LiveReports;
- sound knowledge of the use of server operating systems (Windows 2008 or later versions), databases (Oracle 11), web applications (Tomcat/Apache and IIS), authentication services (Active Directory, Oracle IAM, Radius);
- knowledge of software development best practices and methodologies as well as of test support and test automation tools;
- experience in developing architectural solution designs, handling all relevant technical aspects, such as dimensioning, performance, integration/development frameworks, security, backup, restore and high availability, would be an asset.
- expert knowledge of the internal components and modules of Content Server 10/10.5 and related software, including eLink, AdLib eXpress, Archive Server API, Document Pipelines and Enterprise Scan;
- expert knowledge of the Content Server-based modules/solutions content life cycle management, extended collaboration and knowledge management, as well as of advanced workflows, security clearance, monitoring agent software and web services;
- experience of SAP-related OpenText products/modules (document archiving for SAP solutions/DocuLink for SAP solutions, employee information management for SAP solutions);
- a sound knowledge of OpenText mobility solutions;
- experience of document capture solutions for mailroom automation (scanning, classification, OCR);
- experience of the HP Application Lifecycle Management suite;
- hands-on programming experience using generic object-oriented languages such as Java or C# and repository management tools such as git, CVS or others;
- knowledge of OScript programming;
- hands-on experience of SQL database development and tuning using Oracle.
- experience in a lead role (technical lead) in a project implementing a content management solution;
- an advanced-level command of English with proven drafting ability;
- a good knowledge of at least one other official language of the EU;
- a good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access;
- a good knowledge of MS Project and MS Visio;
- ideally, knowledge of test tools like HP ALM, as well as test automation;
- ideally, knowledge of IT service management processes and best practices (such as ITIL), particularly in the areas of problem management, release management and capacity management;
- knowledge of ISO 9001 project quality management standards would be an asset.
- is able to create a theoretical framework that helps in the deployment of practical solutions and to identify connections and relationships between concepts and events;
- communicates ideas in an effective manner and ensures mutual comprehension;
- understands who his/her clients are and what their expectations are, making improvements to services on the basis of feedback and establishing methods for improving quality in a timely manner;
- manages his/her own workload independently, supporting team members without assuming responsibility for their work, sharing information and supporting team members in the achievement of common goals;
- establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with staff and management at all levels, both inside and outside the organisation, finding common ground/areas of agreement and adopting win-win solutions;
- pursues projects with energy and drive, seeing resistance and setbacks as inevitable obstacles that need to be overcome;
- takes the initiative in improving policies, processes, products and decisions;
- empowers himself/herself in order to manage situations of high workload by taking responsibility for his/her own actions, while having a number of well-established ways of defusing tension;
- uses rigorous logic and comprehensive processes in order to solve difficult and challenging problems and deliver results, even within tight time frames.
For releases and planned maintenance activities, as well as for enabling the division to maintain its business continuity capability, the successful applicant will occasionally be expected to perform work during non-standard working hours and to work at the ECB’s standby sites.
To further enhance the diversity of its workforce, the ECB particularly encourages applications from female candidates.
The division is willing to discuss part-time arrangements.
The recruitment process may include a pre-screening exercise, a written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Applications are accepted from nationals of Member States of the European Union.
The requirements laid down in the vacancy notice must be met by the closing date for applications.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill the same position again, or similar positions, within 12 months of the selection decision.