IntroductionThe IM unit ensures that ICRC employees get the best access to information and to the Information Management tools they may need, which will enable them to achieve their work in the most efficient manner. The Information Management unit provides support to assist the ICRC staff’s effective operations within the ICRC work environment at Headquarters as well as in the Field.
PurposeAs trainee inside the Information Management Unit, you will acquire working experience through the development, operating, support and management of information management services and systems.
You will work with the information management services coordinators and the web designer (intranet team).
- Collect information and data
- Update and build documentary contents, guidelines and manual or computer graphics (based on data collected).
- Participate in the development of documentary resources and promotion tools.
- Give a technical support and advice to contributors of the intranet.
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of computer literacy, familiarity with Windows 8.1, content management systems, SharePoint and various software programs.
- Good knowledge of information management.
- Command of French and English, spoken and written.
- Organisational skills.
- Able to work well in a team and multicultural environment.
- A demonstrated interest in humanitarian action.
ConditionsRecruited intern will be offered a 12 months contract (beginning September 2015). The position is remunerated and based in Geneva.
Interested candidates should send their application, in either English or French to: IMintern0615@icrc.org
Only complete application will be considered, it shall include:
- Cover letter expressing motivation for applying and relevant skills possessed
- Resume / CV
- Recommendation letter if any