Monday, June 8, 2015
Information Management Expert. IADB, Washington DC.
ACP/REC - TTC - Information Management Expert-1500004000
Information Management Expert
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Records Management Section (REC) is looking for a professional with a strong background in Information Management (IM). The REC Section is responsible for the Records Management program at the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) which covers the development of IM policies/guidelines, the functional management of IM systems, the delivery of IM support to the business units, and the management of physical archives including vital records. The REC Section is currently involved in the deployment of two new solutions:
• BID365: Document and records management system based on a Microsoft platform;
• Service Central: Ticketing system to manage the services delivered by the Section.
The REC Section is also looking more broadly at the improvement of records management processes and tools across the organization.
• Support and facilitate the deployment of BID365 and Service Central together with the improvement of related processes;
• Contribute to the improvement and support of existing solutions and services of the REC Section.
The selected candidate will:
• Participate in the planning, communication, training and testing of a BID365 pilot with close coordination/interaction with the IT department;
• Participate in the design, configuration and testing of the new Records Management module;
• Support the deployment of BID365 across the Bank including the definition and implementation of information structures;
• Facilitate the deployment of Service Central within the REC Section by proposing improvements and managing the change (communication and training);
• Define standard reporting processes based on the Service Central database;
• Propose and coordinate the implementation of improvements to eArchives (http://www.iadb.org/en/earchives/) and the internal REC intranet;
• Contribute to the enhancement of Records Management policies and guidelines including the filing and retention plans;
• Provide assistance to the IDB business units on information management related topics;
• Contribute to the day-to-day activities of the Section when required.
Reports / Deliverables
• Academic Degree/ Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Information Management, Computer Sciences or related fields.
• Knowledge and experience of the concepts, principles and practice of information, document, records and archives management.
• Proven experience in using an electronic document and records management system in a medium to large-sized organization; experience in implementing and supporting an Electronic Document and Records Management system would be very advantageous.
• Experience in business analysis and process optimisation.
• Well-developed understanding of the role, functions, and tasks of the IDB.
• Experience in managing change processes would be an asset.
• Languages: Fluency in English. Proficiency in Spanish desirable but not a requirement.
• Proven organizational skills, commitment and a strong sense of initiative.
• Team oriented, proven ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
• Self-motivation, strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• Developed customer service orientation and the ability and confidence to liaise with all levels of staff and external correspondents.Characteristics of the Consultancy
• Consultancy category and modality: Temporary Term Contractual (TTC)
• Contract duration: 12 months
• Place(s) of work: IDB Headquarters at Washington, D.C.
• Responsible person: Section Chief Records Management
Payment and Conditions: Compensation will be determined in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures. The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may contribute toward travel and moving expenses. In addition, candidates must be citizens of an IDB member country.
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the contractual offer will be rescinded,
Consanguinity: Pursuant to applicable Bank policy, candidates with relatives (including the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second degree of affinity, including spouse) working for the Bank as staff members or Complementary Workforce contractuals, will not be eligible to provide services for the Bank.
Diversity: The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.