Locations: Headquarters Locations: United States
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) project’s goal is to take a systemic approach that introduces and institutionalizes Electronic Content Management (including systems, policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and governance), providing improved document and records management and retention, improved search functionality, strengthened archives management, a new digital preservation capability, content reuse and re-purposing, and collaboration across UNICEF. The project also seeks to reduce risks, improve usability of tools, provide significant cost and time savings, enable new organizational capabilities and comply with several audit recommendations. These goals will be implemented in keeping with the organizational strategy and information management requirements of stakeholders in various business areas.
Purpose of the Assignment
The Content Analyst / consultant will be expected to provide SharePoint user experience, content management and website architecture expertise to scope, redesign, develop and implement the Division's online presence to ensure a consistent user experience/design across sites, in line with the approved communications strategy.
The ECM Senior Project manager will have day-to-day supervision of the SharePoint Content Analyst. The consultant will also be required to liaise with colleagues within the Division of Finance and Administrative Management (DFAM), the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) team, the Information and Communications Technology Division (ICTD), the Division of Communication (DOC), and other UNICEF Offices as necessary, to fulfill the objectives outlined below.
The position is based in New York, USA. All-in daily rates should account for the cost of living, travel to and from the local duty station, insurance and related costs.
Duration of Contract
03 – 06 Months (with possibility of extension)
- Assist in redefining, developing and implementing an online SharePoint presence for DFAM.
- Lead the set-up and configuration of the new site(s).
- Provide website architecture expertise, encompassing technical, aesthetic and functional criteria, aligned with existing internal sites.
- Contribute to the content management and digital curation, resulting in the creation of a well-structured, intuitive end-user experience that is both visually engaging and dynamic.
- Apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as needed.
1. Strategic Planning and Project Support:
- Define, develop and implement bespoke online content for DFAM using the SharePoint Online platform.
- Advise UNICEF business users to leverage UNICEF's SharePoint based collaboration tools to address specific business needs with effective and efficient, value-added solutions.
- Support UNICEF business users of website and information architecture, information architecture and user requirements.
- Support SharePoint site owners with their customization requirements and site administration responsibilities
- Propose a sophisticated content management approach in collaboration with UNICEF business users, in order to keep abreast/updated with DFAM's initiatives and programs.
- Assist SharePoint power users with a proactive customer support focus ensuring staff can effectively find solutions and follow best practices.
- Provide proactive training and coaching to staff during site building exercises and more formal sessions to increase adoption and use of best practices.
- Provide testing assistance following the development of new features and functionality for the collaborative team sites.
- Education: University degree, in Business Management, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business needs and ability to address them using core SharePoint features i.e., document libraries, lists, web parts, workflows, metadata, taxonomy, search, site settings and configuration, user administration.
- A minimum of 5 years IT experience in a corporate or large non-profit setting.
- A minimum of 4 years MS SharePoint experience, with good hands-on experience of SharePoint 2013/online.
- A minimum of 2 years technical user support experience.
- SharePoint Designer proficiency desirable.
- Experience troubleshooting, supporting, and/or administering Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013/online.
- Experience in change management processes an asset.
- Fluency in English is required
- Working knowledge of another UN language, such as Spanish, French or Arabic (depending on the Region), is required according to the needs of each region
Each applicant will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant or vendor whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Opening Date Tue Feb 27 2018 15:00:00 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time) Eastern Standard Time
Closing Date Wed Mar 07 2018 05:55:00 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time)