Locations: Headquarters Locations: United States of America
Work Type : Consultancy
- The UNICEF taxonomy and its relevant facets will be available for use internally (intranet) and externally (UNICEF website) within search, directory and regional categorization, content tagging, navigation, filtering and URL structures. It will also support SEO externally. If required, separate but harmonized versions of the taxonomy can be established and maintained for internal and external contexts, based on requirements to be assessed during the assignment.
- The taxonomy shall wherever appropriate make use of alternate term mapping (including mapping of ‘street level terms’ commonly used to official UNICEF/UN terms), and related term mapping, to ensure the best possible results retrieval by end users.
- Subject matter experts shall be consulted in detail for taxonomy development and maintenance. They shall include experts in technical areas, as well as writers and editors from UNICEF's Division of Communication (DOC).
- The taxonomy manager will help guide the ongoing governance and management of taxonomic components within UNICEF, by recommending guidance in conformance with international taxonomy standards, and proposing procedures for ongoing maintenance and management of taxonomy.
- The organization is preparing for the use of taxonomy management platforms to support auto-categorization of content. The taxonomy manager will work with these platforms to support integration of taxonomies with content management systems for this objective.
- The candidate will split his/her work time 50/50 between DOC and ICTD
- Review existing taxonomy work
- Work with internal subject matter experts and web team editors to edit and develop a taxonomy and controlled vocabulary based on input from data sources
- Participate in the deployment of organizational-level content management tools and strategies.
- Study and understand user behaviour (internal and external) and provide the best overall taxonomy experience.
- As needed, support taxonomy mapping and normalization efforts.
- Work with User Experience, Search, Data Science, Engineering, Knowledge Exchange, IT, and other key stakeholders.
- Fulfill various departmental administrative functions: liaising with vendors, consultants or staff as needed.
- Manage and maintain taxonomy components across all delivery platforms.
- Establish clear and useable taxonomy and classification standards, and adherence systems;
- Develop and implement taxonomic facets for intranet, documents and records;
- Map legacy systems to internal and external standards and integrate said systems with new framework.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a corporate taxonomy, providing taxonomy support for document/records management, and classification of content via taxonomy-driven classification tools.
- Relevant educational degree (e.g. MA in Library Science, Museum/Archival Studies or related field) or equivalent experience (At least five years’ experience working with taxonomy creation and implementation, and with classification systems).
- Experience with content management (e.g. ECM/DAM/WCMS) tools and technologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent written communication skills in English, particularly spelling, vocabulary and syntax, and ability to develop rationale and argument.
- Strong understanding of taxonomy development, controlled vocabularies, and ontology development.
- Familiarity with relevant international standards.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to synthesize complex data into clear and concise textual content.
- Strong relationship skills to facilitate gathering of taxonomy inputs and requirements from internal partners.
- Strong research, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, with attention to Excel.
- Strong leadership and communication skills in a multi-cultural, multi-location organization.
- Experience with data analytics a plus.
- Database and SQL experience a plus.
- English and French are the working languages of UNICEF. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Opening Date Wed Jul 12 2017 15:00:00 GMT+0200 (CEST) Eastern Daylight Time
Closing Date Thu Jul 27 2017 05:55:00 GMT+0200 (CEST) Consult