UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background and Mandate - OICT
The Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) of the Department of Management (DM) provides enterprise-wide oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat’s overall ICT strategy, in support of the Organization’s mission. Services required for this agreement revolve around the activities concerning OICT’s responsibility for the management of the global ICT environment which includes the development of Secretariat-wide infrastructure architecture and overseeing the central data centres that house enterprise systems and safeguard all Secretariat-wide data.
Organizational Setting and Reporting Lines
This position is located in the Enterprise Applications Centre in the New York Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) in the Department of Management (DM). Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent will report to the ECM Project Manager.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Works collaboratively with project teams as the taxonomy and information architecture expert to provide guidance and direction to business analysts and development teams in the execution of all information management deliverables.
- Performs other duties related to information architecture, information management, training, writing documentation, and the facilitation of workshops.
- Facilitates change management procedures and training.
- Provides expertise related to information and communications technology projects in the area of knowledge management.
Works with a minimal amount of supervision; works collaboratively with the ECM team and provides excellent service to our clients. Formulates and delivers business requirements documents, conduct trainings, creates training materials and change management documentation (if needed).
Perform other related duties as required.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; High degree of flexibility and adaptability required to multitask among a variety of projects simultaneously.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, Library Science, Education or related field; a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with enterprise document management systems is required.
- At least 3 years of experience developing information management and file classification schemes is required.
- At least 2 years of experience developing training materials and conducting training is required.
- Experience in records management is desired.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies is highly desirable.
- Experience and ability to perform troubleshooting and problem resolution by interacting with technical staff, users, and vendors.
- High quality and demonstrable communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing) are required.
- Experience with information architecture is highly desirable.
- Experience conducting business analysis, and with business process reengineering is highly desirable
Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in one or more official UN languages is desirable.
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-2
Contract duration: One Year
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.