Friday, February 20, 2015
Consultant, Web Developer for eArchives. IDB, Washington
ACP/REC - TTC - Web Developer for eArchives-1500001024
The Records Management Section (REC) is looking for an IT professional with a strong background in SharePoint 2013, Office 365 and .net. The consultant will continue the development of the eArchives (a digital Archive of historical records) external and internal websites, as well as the development of other specific components and tools that will improve the functionality and appearance of the websites.
• Contribute to the improvement of the internal and external eArchives websites;
• Continue improving the eArchives database;
• Develop tools for improving records management and historical data;
• Ensure that the eArchives data architecture is aligned with the new content management system.
The selected candidate will:
• Migrate the eArchives websites to SharePoint 2013;
• Generate eArchives usage reports;
• Help with the configuration and troubleshooting of other tools in production and test environments;
• Contact IT to obtain access to any needed databases, tables or systems;
• Propose, develop, and implement a new design of the eArchives database in order to support and optimize the use of indicators and analytics using historical archival data;
• Develop web design/usability.
• Research, normalize, and import relevant data into the eArchives database;
• Develop PL/SQL scripts to import external data into the eArchives database;
• Develop a tool to facilitate REC users to update geospatial information of historical projects;
• Develop an interactive pdf viewer for the eArchives internal and external websites;
• Develop relevant documentation of every tool or application;
• Develop a tool for identifying permanent records in non-standard formats and converting them to standard formats;
• Develop business rules in Ruby, to correct record metadata using auto-classification functionality within a records management optimization module.
Reports / Deliverables
• Academic Degree/ Level & Years of Professional Work Experience: Candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields.
• Languages: Fluency in English. Proficiency in Spanish desirable but not a requirement.
Characteristics of the Consultancy
• Consultancy category and modality: Temporary Term Contractual (TTC)
• Contract duration: 12 months
• Place(s) of work: IDB Headquarters at Washington, D.C.
• Responsible person: Records Management IT Specialist
Payment and Conditions: Compensation will be determined in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures. The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may contribute toward travel and moving expenses. In addition, candidates must be citizens of an IDB member country.
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the contractual offer will be rescinded
Consanguinity: Pursuant to applicable Bank policy, candidates with relatives (including the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second degree of affinity, including spouse) working for the Bank as staff members or Complementary Workforce contractuals, will not be eligible to provide services for the Bank.
Diversity: The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
: HQ-US-Washington DC