Historian/Records Management Officer
Thank you for your interest in the position of Historian/Records Management Officer at HQ KFOR. Separately on our website you will find the following documents:
The essential education, experience and skills requirements are:
- A university degree in history or archival science
- At least 5 years of experience in administration and information management, to include a minimum of 3 years of experience in a clearly defined role responsible for the life-cycle management of records, both electronic and paper
- Experience of performing research and providing responses to enquiries for historical data
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) plus working experience of collaborative software packages such as MS Sharepoint.
- A very good level of English language (Reading/Writing/Listening/Speaking)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work proactively with minimum supervision
Language Requirements: Please ensure you indicate language skills in Section 10, of Part One of the Application Form. Candidates who are shortlisted for the position will be required to undertake a language test as part of the selection process.
Nationality Requirements: Applicants must be nationals of NATO member nations.
Applications must be returned by e-mail to email@example.com by 1400hrs on Thursday 8 May 2014. Applications received after this time will not be accepted. The shortlisting will take place in week commencing 12 May 2014. Only candidates who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted. The interviews are currently scheduled to be held in week commencing 26 May 2014.
Employment as an ICC at HQ KFOR can only be offered to candidates who are over 21 and under 57 years of age at the time of taking up their appointments.
Information on KFOR and the Post
The NATO-led Kosovo Force (KFOR) is deployed in Kosovo to help maintain a safe and secure environment and freedom of movement for all citizens, irrespective of their ethnic origin. KFOR is part of the wider international effort to build peace and stability in the area. HQ KFOR is based in Film City, Pristina.
The post of Historian/Records Management Officer is in the Director of Staff (DOS) Branch and is responsible for the capture, preservation and custodianship of KFOR records. The postholder advises on record keeping/management processes and policies across KFOR. The position requires someone who is highly experienced in information management and who has specific experience in archives management and/or records management of both paper and electronic records. The successful applicant will require good research skills coupled with strong communication skills as he/she will need to deal with a wide range of contacts at all levels in the organisation. The position is largely autonomous so candidates will be required to demonstrate that they are proactive and able to work with minimum supervision
Information on Employment Conditions (this is provided as a guide only and is not meant to be an exhaustive list)
This position is an International Civilian Consultant (ICC) level 5 position. The postholder will work in HQ KFOR at Film City, Pristina.
The starting salary for ICC-5 is 5,841 € per month (exempt from local taxation).
Other employment benefits include:
- Affiliation to a Group Medical Insurance Scheme (premiums shared between employee/employer).
- 24 days annual leave per calendar year
- Up to 7 Special leave days
- Up to 11 days Official/National holidays.
- An installation allowance equal to one month’s salary (50% to be reimbursed if not completing two consecutive years of service).
- A removal allowance equal to one month’s salary, after having completed at least three years of consecutive service, unless removal expenses are reimbursed by any other source.
- Travel Expenses paid to take up duty / end of tour.
The successful candidate will be offered a 12-month initial contract which may be converted into an indefinite duration contract subject to satisfactory performance and the continued operational need/funding for the position.